Office stationery and supplies are an integral part of any professional ecosystem. Everyday tasks are heavily dependent on paper supplies. Although digitization has been a concept around since the 1970s, no matter how increasingly we have begun to be dependent on gadgets, nothing can replace both the charm and utility of paper. And as long as the paper is around, other office supplies that go with it have a definitive future!
Paper products, desk supplies, mailing supplies, computer paper, printing paper, copier paper, premium multi-purpose paper, coloured paper, filing supplies, binding essentials, supplies for identification, reminders, planners…stationery items needed around an office are many!
From corporate offices to hospitals, hospitals, hotels, restaurants, cafes, logistics and delivery services, government organizations and academic institutions like school, colleges and universities, office stationery and supplies have users across sectors.
Studies on the Industrial Growth of the office stationery and supplies market give us an insight into the future trends and developments of the industry.
- Studies in 2019 valued the global stationery market at USD 90.6 billion and expected it to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% over the next 5 years.
- The global trend of an increasing number of startups is considered a major driver in the growth in demand for office stationery products.
- Government initiatives in developing countries are opening up avenues for international companies to offer jobs to locals, thereby new demand for office stationery and supplies.
- The global education industry’s growth over the last few years means more qualified and skilled professionals being able to work in formal office set-ups. Regional trends of an increase in literacy and educational levels has created more job takers in the organized sector, thereby increasing the users of office stationery products.
- Covid-19 has had a huge impact on the office stationery and supplies market as work-from-home remains the trend. But the industry is slowly recovering from the blow as several regions in the world gradually open up for business again.
- While digitization is being seen as a need due to several reasons, the high cost incurred in transitioning leads to several organizations reconsidering the shift, thereby encouraging them to continue the usage of office stationery products to keep everyday tasks going smoothly.
Paperline is the leading office stationery and supplies, manufacturer and distributor. A proud brand of Asia Pulp and Paper, we have reputed distribution channels in over 150 countries across 6 continents. For decades, Paperline has served as a trusted partner to a big loyal client base, especially in the Middle East and African region.
Check out our vast range of office stationery products and supplies now.